Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time to Party!

As you probably know, I've been sick for the last 2 weeks with shingles.  Today was my first day out of the house; Lauren and I were going to the SJG Christmas Party in Vineland.  I really didn't think I was going to make it but as the week went along my rashes started clearing up so I thought I'd see how I felt with clothes on and around people.  I really thought I was going to be fine but as the day wore on, I started getting very itchy and the pins and needles started poking me in my various areas where the shingles have been attacking me!  Anyway, let's talk about caching!

Geocaches have been popping up all over the place,  places that Lauren and I had cleared out.  So, we left a little early to pick up a few on our way to Vineland.









This is a map of the Hamilton Mall after our attack.  The smilies are the caches that we've found, the geen boxes are the ones we haven't.











There were 3 new caches at Hamilton Mall.  The biggest problem was trying not to draw attention when you at the Mall doing odd things...like this!  That's Lauren behind the trees.













I had no idea how busy the bus stop was this time of year!  People every where!  We had to wait them out and again TRY not to look too suspicious!  Doesn't every climb walls and check out bus stations on a beautiful but cold day??  Especially when they are dressed so cute?  (I'm her mom, remember, I always think she looks cute)














 Before we left, Lauren called to see what she should wear and assured her that she didn't need to dress up...at all.  She asked if we would be caching in places that she could wear her new UGGs and I told her that I only had plans for Park and Grabs.   As we were driving through Mays Landing, Lauren let's me know that there is a cache coming up on the left.  I told her, by looking at the navigator in my car that the road only goes to the right.  When we got to the spot, we saw that there was a dirt road to the left....so we took it.

 Lauren took this picture of herself.  The car is back by me (see me in the background?) We left the car and headed straight into a path that was   blocked by thrones.  I've been enough pain lately that I turned around to see if I could find a better way in.  She continued onward.  I found a better way in (and out!) and she managed to not ruin her new UGGs!  The following picture is the cache container, not sure what it is, but it's looks military.

 From the woods, we headed down to 40 and East to Vineland, on the way we passed this toy store which you may have seen, and yes, there is a cache there.

 We met up with the Aufbau's and Kayaking Janet in Vineland and picked up a few more caches before we went to the dinner.



The food was typical banquet food, it was good but it was banquet food.







This is Lauren's plate, notice how the meat and gravy are on the mashed potatoes?  She always turns her food into a casserole!  She was never a picky eater!



Cheryl brought an owl centerpiece to the dinner/party.  It really made the rounds; every time Cheryl left the table, it would show up somewhere else in the room.  It is her daughter's owl and she was concerned that it would go missing.  Things have a habit of going missing!  
Embly, preparing for the party.


Kathy has a sock puppet named Embly Gernumbly so is constantly being kid/socknapped. Embly is a geocacher who has her own account and published geocaches occasionally.  She LOVES to go to events!  At last years christmas party, she disappeared for quite a few weeks.  Pictures would appear on on FB every few days.  The OWLs  eventually "ducked" Mel's house.  Another very long story....


I haven't heard the details yet, but apparently Embly tried to call home last night.


The cold air really felt good on the damaged nerves on my face.  But as time went on, the excitement of being out of the house wore off and the pain and itching settle back in.  I was pretty miserable by the time I got home.



3 comments:

Terry said...

what another fun post--nice sequence of events. (Such a pretty girl that Lauren!) Hope you're doing better 'cause we have some planning to do!

Unknown said...

Planning?

Cheryl said...

GOOD MORNING!!! Thanks for the laughs! Great way to start a day with the OWLS!

Post a Comment