Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mother Daughter Geocaching

My oldest daughter, Dimples, is very goal driven. She sets goals at the beginning of each month and tries to met them. At the end of last month she asked me if I had any suggestions for a goal for the month of November. I told her she should geocache with me at least once.



Geocaching in Utah



Good thing she was there, I never would have gotten this one on my own.





Dimples hasn't geocached in a couple of years. About 2 years ago her  life got busy with 2 jobs and caching  fell to the side.

On vacation this summer, one day was set aside for geocaching. She came up with a few excuses why she shouldn't have to go and I didn't buy them. She whined in the car until we got to the first cache. While everyone sat in the car waiting for me, I searched and couldn't find it. I called to her to come and help me because I thought it might be up on the top of a rock that I couldn't reach.  She hopped out of the car to help and it was immediately obvious that she had fallen back in love with the activity! Here's the story from her blog.

Her goal this month is for 3 geocaching days with her mom, she's scheduled them and of course they're on the calendar! I'm really enjoying the company, we used to do this one day most weekends.

 We've been out twice now. The first trip was to Brigantine. Dimples tells that story in her blog here. Today, she ran a 5K early and then came home for a shower and off we went. We ate at Red Robin first and then started cleaning "My Circle". I have a radius of about 5 miles around my house that I don't like to have unfound caches in and lately it's been filling up!





This is what geocaching with a migraine looks like!

Things were good for about an hour.  We found a handful of caches when she felt a migraine coming one.  I found a few more with you in the above position and then we headed off for home so that she could take care of the migraine. I'm not sure when out next date is but next weekend is Sofiecat's annual Scavenger Hunt!  It's a favorite of mine!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry said...

bueno

Unknown said...

Thanks, Ter

Post a Comment